Amnesty International Southern Oregon has been working to improve the human rights in Iran, particularly for non-violent student protest leaders and Baha’i whom the Government has imprisoned, tortured or killed, via:
- Film screenings and panel discussions to raise our awareness about the human rights struggle in Iran;
- Speeches by former Iranian Prisoner of Conscience and student protest leader, Reza Mohajerinejad;
- Radio and TV interviews of experts on the Iranian human rights struggles;
- Organizing mass letter-writing campaigns for the release of these prisoners and improved human rights protections of Iranian citizens;
- Social media campaigns, including “Remember 18 Tir,” to show solidarity with the non-violent uprising for human rights in Iran;
- Tablings at Southern Oregon University;
- Meeting with SOU President Cullinan to discuss the naming of a street at SOU to show solidarity with the Iranian students’ non-violent calls for improved human rights.